Pins and Needles!

That’s right! I’m still on pins and needles waiting to hear back from the hospitals in OKC! I hope to hear back soon. They said it might be one to two weeks. So I just might have to be on pins and needles for a while longer. All three of my interviews went well and it’s going to be a difficult decision to choose which hospital. There are pros and cons to all of them. I guess I’ll see which one offers me the best job! 🙂

Let’s recap this past week a bit. After getting back from the city Wednesday late afternoon, I unpacked and got caught up with the family on some things. Bright and early at 6 am Thursday morning, Dad, Serena, and Krissa left for the loooong 15 hour drive to Lexington, KY. I think they had a pretty uneventful drive until Krissa’s TomTom led them astray for a short little bit…but thanks to Dad, they quickly got back on track. 😉 Friday, they unpacked the van and PT cruiser which was piled high with MY bedroom furniture and Krissa’s other million things! Krissa found some living room furniture for her apartment in Lexington and took care of a few other random to-do’s. Saturday morning, Dad and Serena headed home and made really good time as they arrived back home about 8:45 pm. I don’t think they took any detours on the route home. 🙂

As for me, I had the entire house to myself for about 3 days. It was quiet but nice. Thursday I spent reading through some of the hospital material given to me during the interviews, getting caught up on some emails and things around the house, and chatting with some friends. Friday, I worked. And Saturday, I swept and mopped the kitchen floor, emptied all the trash, took out the garbage, did a load of laundry, cleaned and washed out Lady’s bed and blankets on the porch, played with the baby kitties (they were lonely with Serena gone!), laid out in the sun for about an hour (and ended up with a sunburn!)…amongst various other things. I felt like I accomplished a lot even if I was home alone. Every day, I also had to go out and water all of the cattle tanks and “check the cows.” The extent of my checking on them was pretty much just making sure they were still alive! And I was pleased to tell Dad that we even had another healthy baby calf while he was gone (thank goodness the mother didn’t have any trouble…). At least the weather wasn’t freezing and I didn’t have to break any ice in the tanks…! I’m not sure Dad would have left if that were the case. I don’t think he has THAT much faith in me.

Sunday was church and I had the responsibility of teaching six 4th, 5th, and 6th graders. They were fun and there was never a dull moment in that one hour! Most of that afternoon, I found myself looking at apartment furniture on the internet! YAY! I’m having soooo much fun and am definately addicted now. I LOVE some of the contemporary modern syles now, especially the black bedroom sets! But I also don’t want to get something too trendy because styles change over time and I intend to have this furniture for a while. There are so many choices though too…I don’t know how I’m ever going to decide! AHHH!

Yesterday and today I also had off work and have mostly been at home. It has been horrifically WINDY! I often feel like I’m living in the dirty thirties again (although I never lived then…). For a while yesterday afternoon the winds calmed down very nicely while it changed direction and so I took advantage of it and went out for a jog. It was splendid! I went to Dodge this afternoon and did the grocery shopping for the week…but I thought I was literally going to blow away.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: